Add an alt attribute to your img element.

Hi there,
Looking at your theme there are quite a few website accessibility issues. The first one is the images on the homepage like the logo and all the client section. They require an alt attribute and i can't find out where this is located so I can put something in here.

Comments

• Hey 

Sorry for inconvience 

follow given instructions

1. create a child theme.

2. cut index-client.php and header.php file form your parents theme and past thse file in child them directory

3. find attached index-client,txt and replace all code in index-client.php file again find header.txt file and replace all code in header.php file of your child theme directory 

4. activate child theme 

let me know did it work 

Thanks
    Abhishek 

index-client.txt
    header.txt
  • Hey 

Any update here ?

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • Just received this. No idea how to make a child theme.
  • Hi

Dear you already create child theme .
    No need to  create child theme again . 
    Just follow the instruction after creation of child theme . 

Thanks 

• If I update the theme to your most updated version, will the Alt attributes be in there? Or do I still need to do this?
  • Hey

yes if you do all that in child theme then they will be there  more about child theme https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks
    Abhishek 
  • I have now updated my theme and I still do not see any alt attributes that we can fill in. Please get back to me asap as this makes the theme not accessible to all people.
  • This might actually be working on the Client logos on homepage.
  • This might actually be working on the Client logos on homepage.
  • Hi

Sorry for the long wait.

We have a classic plugin for this which will dynamically add alt and title attributes in to images which editing any code from a single place. Its a lite version of the plugin and we are working the beta version. The beta version will support Custom Post Type Content and Feature Images.

In the lite version you can set the alt attribute of all the images attached in the post/page content.

Try the lite version of the seo optimised images https://wordpress.org/plugins/seo-optimized-images/

Thanks
    Priyanshu 
  • Hi

Did the above solutions worked. Or you want an access to beta version of this plugin

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • I will look at this on monday to see if it works. Thanks.
  • That didn't seem to change getting Alt tags visible for the Client logos on the homepage (as an example).

Was I supposed to do anything but activate the plugin?
  • Before that let me know what alt attribute you want to add to images. Is it image file name, title or category.

The plugin will only work for those images that are added in the editor.

If you want to add the same for the feature images like client logos than you have to try our beta plugin. In few days of time the pro will be available.

Or there is one more solution you have to edit each image and add the alt tag by your own.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • When I go to 'Customize; Client Settings; client section one; then i add in the logo (and I have added in the Alt Text) but then when I view 'page source' for the homepage, there is no alt tag visible in the code?
  • is this now available?