Background images?

Hi,

I cannot seem to find the place to change the background image. When we were using the free trial, It was in the customizer view, but now seems to have disappeared with the pro version.
In mean time I uploaded the image I wanted via the media uploader and added it manually to the theme color scheme customizer php file on the server.

What do I have to do to change the background in a more friendly way?

thanks,

Andreja.

Comments

• Hi

ON which section background image are you want to change . 

Let me clear . 

If possible share the page URL on which you want to change background image .

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • I'd like to change the background image on all pages - I am doing it via this page  (site under construction)
    I have attached screenshots of the options I can see both in the main customizer view and the "home page" sub-section

main-menu.PNG
  • edited October 2015
    and here is the "home page" sub-menu
    home-page-menu.PNG
  • Hi 

I have visit you link you provide me but still I am confuse which banner image you want to change . 

In our dome  (link )we have added banner image for all the page at below the menu bar . 
    Are you want to change this . 

Kindly let me more clear , so that we can assist you better . 

Thanks 

• Hi there,

Sorry if I was not clear enough. I want to change the background image, not the banner image. On the site that I sent you, it is currently set to this custom image, which was uploaded to the server via the media uploader.
    It appears to be possible to change the background image to a small number of pre-set options in the "Theme Color Schemes Settings" menu, which I can see are hard coded in "functions/customizer/customizer_home_page.php". I have attached a screen shot of the menu I am talking about, and also the line I added to the aforementioned php file. The line I added is after line 120.
    I'd just like to know if there is an easier way of doing all this.

Many thanks,

Andreja.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 11.04.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 11.08.10.png
  • edited October 2015
    I also should mention that I copied the background image and it's "thumbnail" to the images/bg-patterns folder on the server itself in order to make it visible on the menu.
  • Hi  Dear 

Further in next update  we will add more option for changing background image . 

But till now you can follow the simple steps for changing background image . 

1 Add  your custom background image into images << bg-patterns folder .

2 And delete the old  bg-img1.jpg image . 

3 Then rename your custom image to bg-img1,jpg

4 Then finally select the first option form , 

Customizer << Home Page << Theme color scheme setting . 

And select first option . 

Hope I made my point clear . 

Note: The  new custom image extension must be .jpg

Thanks 
    Akhilesh

• Thanks for your response - I look forward to the update! In the mean time ill just keep doing it manually

thanks

Andreja.