If your website has a lot of visitors from Non-English speaking countries then adding a translation option to your website can help in improving the user experience. In this tutorial I will show you a simple method for adding Google Translate with out any coding.
In this article we will talk about different website analytics services which can be used as an alternative to Weebly Site Statistics. Now you might ask that why should I use a third party service for a feature which is already provided by Weebly?
Why Look for Alternatives?
1) Accuracy: The biggest benefit of using a third party analytics package is Accuracy. Many people have expressed their concern over the accuracy and the methods which Weebly uses to track website traffic. Tools like Google Analytics are more accurate than Weebly Stats.
2) Features: Weebly Statistics are quite basic. Infact I would say they are insufficient for in-depth analysis. Weebly only provides you with basic stats like Page Views, Unique Visitors, Top Pages, Search Terms and Referring Sites. What if you want to track demographic data or time spent per page or twitter mentions? If you require advanced statistics, you will be better off using a dedicated analytics tool. Weebly is a DIY Website builder first and then an analytics provider.
Appointpress is a simple yet powerful appointment scheduling software for Small and Medium Service Business. It is a cloud based application which lets any service business offer online appointment booking to its customers. It is an interesting product and is definitely something which can add value to Small Business across the Globe.
It works seamlessly with wordpress. The integration plugin can be downloaded from here
Here is a Full list of Features offered by Appointpress:
A stable contact form is an important element of a complete website. Be it a blog or a business website, your target audience would like to reach you. Depending on the type of your website, you would like to integrate different sets of form fields. For example a hotelier would integrate a form to help his customers book accommodations, while a blogger would like to receive feedback from the readers.
Hence, a contact form plugin which supports a wide variety of form fields and is easy to use is the necessity of a WordPress powered blog. I have made a numerous websites for my clients and used a variety of themes and plugins depending on their requirement. But something which was consistent across most of the portals was the “Fast Secure Contact Form” Plugin by Mike Challis. I have also used “Contact Form 7″ which is another powerful contact form plugin, but as far as ease of use is concerned, nothing beats FSCF.
Here is a hands on review of Fast Secure Contact Form.
There are times when we want to add a block of source-code in our articles, especially if we’re writing tech-related articles, such as Tutorials, How-To’s etc. There are many different ways to include a piece of language, script, or markup code, the most popular being the use of HTML <PRE> tags, which escapes formatting for the content enclosed in-between. However, I recommend avoiding the use of simple <PRE> tags (especially for blocks of code containing more than a couple of lines) because of the following two reasons:
- The output generated by <PRE> tags is not fancy, and makes it hard for us to interpret and understand the code.
- Sometimes, the special characters or symbols we use as a part of our code, are ignored by <PRE> tags. This usually happens, when the content (including source-code) is parsed by some text-editor (such as TinyMCE, or even WordPress default content-editor).
This is how the output of content inside <PRE> tags look like. It also preserves line-breaks and spaces.
So, you might be wondering if using simple <PRE> tags are not the perfect solution, then what is? Continue reading
How to choose a Good Web Host
With thousands of web hosting companies to choose from today it can be hard to know which ones are actually worth using. A simple Google search will throw up hundreds of results. Now the question which arises is that How can one identify if a web host is good or bad? What additional research can be done before making a decision?
In this article I will present 5 simple steps which if followed will weed out most of bad hosting providers.
How to choose a web host. A simple 5 point plan
1) Find out if their support is any good
The most important aspect while choosing a web host is the quality of their support. Quality of customer support is a good proxy for quality of the company. A company which values its customer and not only his money is bound to be good. Now the question is that How do you judge a company’s support quality. Here are a few tricks:
|S No.||Company Name||Brand Value||Market Cap.||Rating|
|1.||International Business Machines(IBM)||$39,135 million||$241,208 million||AA+|
|2.||Hewlett Packard(HP)||$21,707 million||$54,454 million||AA+|
|3.||Accenture||$6,853 million||$35,042 million||AA|
|4.||Tata Consultancy Services(TCS)||$4,068 million||$43,701 million||AA|
|5.||Infosys(Infy)||$3,628 million||$28,238 million||AA+|
|6.||Capgemini||$2,845 million||$5,669 million||AA-|
|7.||Computer Sciences Corporation(CSC)||$2,180 million||$5,901 million||AA-|
|8.||Atos||$2,040 million||$4,388 million||A+|
|9.||Cognizant Technology Solutions||$1,798 million||$19,296 million||AA-|
|10.||Wipro||$1,769 million||$16,920 million||A+|
All data are taken from the Reference Link: Rediff.com
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website, more frequently site appears in the search list, the more visitors it will recieve Google served these tools just like a bread and butter and interesting thing is all this stuff is free. SEO is very important when you are building and maintaining a website and for this Google Offers Number of Free Tools which are getting popular day by day.
List of Free Tools By Google.
- Google Keyword Tool .: Most popular tool by google, serves a great help in selecting the right and most effective keywords.
- Google Analytics .: Another popular tool not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks and helps you measure the impact of mobile on your business. Continue reading
THe Apache Software foundation, the organization behind open source projects like Apache Webserver, Apache Solr and lots of other open source projects has release Open-Meeting, an open source web conferencing system. It uses Red5 streaming server and boasts of features like
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Meeting Recording and Screen Sharing
- Multi-White Board and Chat
- User Management, Calendars, Private Messaging
- It also boasts of Moodle and Sakai Integration
Here is a list of 15 White Label Content Management System which can help you in starting a web design career.
The grand Daddy of all the CMS out there. It is hugely popular and according to a recent report, WP powers almost 15% of websites all over the world. There are lots of plugins which you can use to White Label and rebrand worpdpress as your own. The cost is free and community is huge.
2. Light CMS:
A hugely popular CMS with over 1,75,000 users worldwide. It is a hosted CMS with and touts designers as its target users. The most notable aspect LIGHT CMS is that it does try to be everything to everyone. Its main aim is to enable users to create a beautiful website with minimal effort. When it comes to advanced options Light CMS has an online storefront which integrates with popular payment gateway platforms. The best part is that it allows you to add/edit products from right inside the page without need to any dashboard.